Thursday, September 11, 2008

Carry It Forward: Creative personality

Before we read "The Creative Personality" I had a completely different idea of what creativity is or how it can be defined. Once I really thought about it I realized that there are millions of different forms of creativity. The statement, "most creative people are very passionate about their work, yet they are extremly objective about it as well," revealed a new way to look at how people are creative. The statement besically means that a creative person strives to do what they love or are interested in. When they do something that they like to do they are actually their biggest critic. The want to do it right if not they want to improve upon what they have completed. I would like to take this to heart and try to be objective of my work. By doing so I would open my mind to new ideas and perspectives unseen before. Perfection comes with trial and error. Therefore, I feel the need to correct or improve any of the work that I have completed. I think that this will make me a better student as well as better person overall by perfecting my actions. It is truely creative to fix work or ideas that you have done before.

No comments: